If you have attended our previous sewing courses you qualify to attend this one, or if you have prior experience in sewing.
You have learnt the basics of sewing and dressmaking, you want to go onto more exciting things. This workshop is for creative design and embellishing and loads of fun. Please note you need to know the basics to attend this class.
Our 4th workshop covers the following skills:
- Pattern drafting from an existing clothing item
- Surface design and manipulation of fabrics
- Embellishment of fabrics
- Combining dressmaking and crochet and sewing (please ensure you have attended previous workshops first or know how to crochet etc)
- Combining Tunisian crochet and other mediums (recommended you attend previous classes first)
- Making cords and tassles
- Zip tabs insertion
- Use of Avalon and thread to design and embellish
- Use of vinyl in embellishment
- Hand stitching on clothing (recommended you attend hand stitching class first)
- Discussion of products available
Approximately 35 hours will be required for this workshop which is structured for individual attention, so although there might be a group setting, you will receive instructions on an individual basis.
Walk-in course only