If you have attended our beginners workshop you may attend this one, or if you have prior experience and know how to sew.
Learning to sew is a skill highly recommended.
Our second workshop covers the following skills:
- Using stretch fabrics
- Using polar fleece
- Using flimsy fabrics, use of interfacing and similar
- Gathering fabrics, making pleats and gathering fabrics
- Making your own piping and cords for decorating cushions
- Using your machine stitches to decorate and embellish
- Using various machine feet
- Understanding various products on the market to make life easier
- Inserting Zips
- Buttons and buttonholes
Approximately 35 hours will be required for this workshop which is structured for individual attention, so although there might be a group setting, you will receive instructions on an individual basis.
Choice of projects will be provided in the relevant categories as indicated above to teach you the skills necessary to learn the techniques listed.
Projects consist of items such as tracksuits, hoodies, bags, tops, pants, skirts, cushions etc. tuition, patterns and refreshments are included in the course fees. We also have sewing machines to rent for the time you are here, if, you do not have one at home to bring with you. Requirements for the workshops will be sent to you upon booking and class starting.
Walk-in classes only