Learning to sew is a skill highly recommended. A few reasons are:
- a) You cannot find anything you like in the shops
- b) Nothing fits well
- c) Fabric is just awful
- d) You can save money
- e) You can start you own business or sell to others
Our basic workshop covers the following skills:
- Ins and outs of a sewing machine
- Use of an overlocker
- Using a commercial pattern – placement and securing on fabric
- Casings for waistlines and drawstrings
- Zips insertions
- Adding buttons and buttonholes
Approximately 35 hours will be required for this workshop which is structured for individual attention, so although there might be a group setting, you will receive instructions on an individual basis.
Choice of projects will be provided in the relevant categories as indicated above to teach you the skills necessary to learn the techniques listed.
Projects consist of items such as tote bag, skirts, shorts, tops, pants, pillowslips, pencil cases, cushions etc. tuition, patterns and refreshments are included in the course fees. We also have sewing machines to rent for the time you are here, if, you do not have one at home to bring with you. Requirements for the workshops will be sent to you upon booking and class starting.
To book your place we have 3 options:
- Payment of total course fee is R2500.00 for entire workshop duration
- Payment over 2 months of R1350.00 each
- Payment over 4 months of R750.00 per month
Bank details will be sent to you on request if option 2 or 3 is required.
As a course member you also have free access to our extensive pattern library which can be used in house. Further classes can be scheduled for your own sewing of patterns and progress quicker.
After the beginner’s workshops you can progress to workshop 2, then 3 and perhaps 4 & 5.
To book your place please email email@example.com or WhatsApp 083 294 0356 and arrange your dates.