Slow stitching means no sewing machine required. All is done by hand, except perhaps when you want to stitch the item for completion purposes. This course is jam packed with projects and exciting techniques to try.
Our 5th workshop covers the following skills:
- Use of templates for English paper piecing
- Designing templates – various methods
- How to cut out templates and fabrics
- Use of various products and why
- Discussion on fabrics, needles, methods and threads
- How to fussy cut fabrics to create your own designs
- Sewing of designs together to create a masterpiece
- Use of available patterns and methods
- Discussion of Boro techniques
- Discussion of Kantha techniques
- Hand applique various methods such as backbasting, reverse applique, needleturn, no-template applique, freezer paper method etc.
- Big stitch quilting method
- Sashiko designs and projects
- Using pieced items and include hand stitching on them
Approximately 45 hours will be required for this workshop which is structured for individual attention, so although there might be a group setting, you will receive instructions on an individual basis. Projects include various bags, cushions, throw’s, jacket fabric preparation, millefiori quilts, Jacobs coat of many colours preparation of fabric, Boro bag, Kantha throw, other EPP items, sashiko cushion/tablerunner.
Walk-in course only